Week 5 of the One Room Challenge FLEW by. I definitely didn’t accomplish as much this week as previous weeks. Decisions are getting tougher to make, and I can feel my motivation waning. I’m going to have to kick it into gear to be ready for the final reveal next week!
This update technically happened during week 4, but I was too focused on my new lights to point out the dip dye pillow I made. ↓I wasn’t loving the pillows that I already had, but since the budget for this room was already used up on the new bed, I turned once again to my good ol’ pal DIY.
I sewed white pillow covers out of fabric I had on hand, and spent about £9 on dye. Then I got to work.
I tried out a few different styles, and then let them dry.
I think next time I’d let the fabric soak in the dye a bit longer. The colour faded as they dried, and in some lighting they look more lavender than the deep blue I was going for. Still, not bad for my first attempt at using dye.
That’s all for now! I’m excited to share how the completed room looks next week!
Check out the other wonderful ORC designers here.
You can also see what the lovely people at Thoughts of Home On Thursday are up to here.