One Room Challenge reveal time is finally here! Over the past six weeks, I’ve been making some improvements in my master bedroom. The changes I made weren’t as drastic as I might have wanted, but still the end result was definitely worth the time and effort. I’m so pleased with how the room turned out!
But before I get into it, let’s remember how this room started, shall we?Yikes, hello brown carpet. Here’s how it looked on the day we moved in.
And that’s how it looked at week 1.
Since this is only a rental property (and I live in the UK where there are a lot of rules – lol!), I had to leave the walls and carpet as they are. Despite these limitations, and a tight budget, I was able to turn this tiny room into a cozy, functional space.
Alright, alright. Enough of that. Here’s how it looks now. 🙂The curtain situation was a tricky one because the plaster walls crumbled when we drilled into them (hence the white patch – will be painting over that soon!). In the end I decided to be controversial and mount the brackets to the inside of the window frame. I know, I’m breaking the golden rule of curtain-hanging, but I’ve managed to forgive myself because it’s such a HUGE improvement over how they were before.Here are the DIY pillows I shared about last week. They were a lot of fun to make, and turned out pretty good. 🙂
These nightstands are another DIY that I made for this project.
Thanks for all the love and support over the last six weeks! So many talented people participated in the ORC this spring, and so impressed by work they’ve done. Check out all the other amazing reveals at Calling It Home here.
You can also see what’s up at Thoughts of Home On Thursday here.